April 17, 2008

Pennsylvania Voters Reject Hillary’s Old-Politics Attacks, Switch to Obama


Susan Petro was joined by other Pennsylvanians from around the state who shared the following stories:

Victoria King, Johnstown:

You know, sometimes it’s not what you say; it’s how you say it. Barack Obama is focused on the issues that matter to people. Hillary Clinton just exploits them. Barack Obama is the right type of leader to bring our country together and that’s what we need right now.

Cindy Scales, Johnstown:

Hillary Clinton’s negative campaigning really turned me off. Her negativity is not doing anything but separating Democrats at a time when we need to come together. People don’t need that message. What they need is financial security, good jobs, faith in this country and a hopeful future.

Dar Thomas, Pittsburgh:

I really wanted to vote for a woman, but what really changed my mind is how divisive she is. The more I watched her, the more I saw how her campaign uses cheap shots to attack Barack Obama. She has employed these win-at-any-cost tactics. That shows she really knows political gaming, but she doesn’t really know that Americans just want someone to help them solve their problems.

Dawn Moyer, Collegeville:

The negative campaigning had a lot to do with why I no longer support Hillary Clinton. She is the old Washington politics. We absolutely need a change. I believe in Barack Obama and I believe he is what our nation needs.

Elizabeth Harrison, Glenside:

The policy of personal attacks is one that for years have made me view Washington in a very bad light. Why can't we act like grown ups? I began this race as a Hillary supporter but when the kitchen sink mess began, I began to get discouraged. The sad part of all of this is that Mr. Obama has not once attempted to make personal attacks against her even when it could have sincerely been to his advantage to do so. I want something different for my children from Washington…from America. I think deep down inside, we are all ready.

June Esser, Creighton:

I was really confused about whether I wanted Hillary or Barack. But I have decided I am voting for Barack. Each time he is hit with mud he comes back with a sincere and reasonable response. Enough of these political games.

You can make a difference in your community by signing up to Get Out the Vote

No comments: